Entrepreneurial Support: How Can We Help You?
We often get questions about how the Polsky Center works with entrepreneurial students. We are strongly committed to supporting your start-ups and other entrepreneurial endeavors. Below we’ve outlined some of the many ways you can take advantage of Polsky Center resources and other start-up programs:
- Spring Quarter Events: Throughout the spring we will host workshops and events on topics related to entrepreneurship and venture creation. Watch our calendar for info and updates.
- Spring Quarter Office Hours: Check our office hours webpage and sign up to meet with entrepreneurs-in-residence, lawyers, staff, computer science students, alumni, and others throughout the spring term.
- Innovation Showcase: The Polsky Center is co-hosting the third annual Innovation Showcase on May 29, 2014 in the Harper Center Winter Garden. A select group of start-ups will receive space at the event where they can promote their businesses to students, faculty, NVC judges, and the UChicago community. Learn more and apply for a spot at the Innovation Showcase.
- New Venture Challenge Phase II: If you are interested in going through the NVC process with another team, we encourage you to add your information and areas of expertise to the NVC Team Building Google doc. You may also create a profile on DoerHub or on the Polsky Center’s NVC LinkedIn group.
- Polsky Center Summer Programming: The Polsky Center runs the Entrepreneurial Internship Program (EIP) and Accelerator Program, allowing students to work on their businesses over the summer. The EIP is open to full-time first-year MBA students and the Accelerator Program is open to all University of Chicago students. Reach out to Hannah Williams for information on the EIP, and Jerome Goodrich for information on the Accelerator Program.
- Greater Chicago Entrepreneurial Events: Local organizations such as BuiltinChicago, Technori, and 1871 hold a variety of workshops, networking events, and fast-pitches that are open to any member of the Chicago entrepreneurial community. Many Polsky-affiliated teams have received immense value from these events: exposure to customers, new partners, etc., as well as meaningful advice and contacts.
We encourage you to take advantage of as many of these resources as possible. As always, you can stay up to date on Polsky Center resources through our monthly events email, the Polsky Center blog, and our events calendar.
If you have questions about these resources or would like to suggest other ways that the Polsky Center can support UChicago entrepreneurs, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.